57 Ways to induce Labor Naturally
1. Waiting it Out – 99% of women will go into spontaneous labor by 42 weeks. Even if you’re 0% effaced, 0% dilated and baby is high, you can still dilate 6cm in an hour. When it’s gonna happen, it will happen!
2. Acupressure – There are pressure points in the shoulder well, webbing between thumb and forefinger, heel and small of back.
3. Aloe Vera – Aloe vera juice can cause preterm labor. However, taken at term, contractions are a good thing. However, make sure you do your research and are aware of possible side effects before trying this.
4. Balsamic Vinegar – Add a dash to your salad. Many types of vinegar can get things going, but like everything in pregnancy, use in moderation and do your own research before going down this path.
5. Bananas – Potassium is meant to help with muscle contractions so being low can offset labor. Bananas have plenty of potassium. Note that you should take them in moderation and NEVER take potassium supplements alone as they can be poisonous when taken incorrectly.
6. Basil – Throw some in your cooking or have it in a tea. As with most natural methods, fresh is best!
7. Birth Ball – Sitting on a Birth Ball can help baby move down into the pelvis and into the position for labor.
8. Black/Blue Cohosh – Taken in tea form is a common way to induce labor. Some midwives also use it during labor to increase slow contractions. There have been some studies claiming that it can have bad side effects for mother and/or baby however. Make sure you research properly AND talk to someone medically trained in their use first.1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10