9. Borage seed oil – Meant to have similar effects to evening primrose oil – dilating and effacing the cervix.
10. Bouncing on birth/exercise ball – Spreading your legs as well as the moving up and down can help the baby move down into the birth canal.
11. Bumpy car ride – Sometimes the baby just needs a bit of a jiggle! Just don’t drive too far from the hospital…
12. Castor oil – Statistically speaking it only works on 57% of women and causes lovely things like diarrhoea and sometimes, vomiting. The theory is that the cramps in the bowel set off contractions. Opinion is still out on whether castor oil causes babies to pass meconium in the womb but a) most women using castor oil are overdue and b) babies that are overdue are more likely to pass meconium so you do the maths! WARNING: Please read the linked article before attempting this, and make sure you’re fully informed on the safe methods to induce with castor oil!
13. Chinese food – Some people have claimed this works a treat. Worth a try!1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10