23. Golden seal – Taken in tablet form is easiest. As it can be dangerous during pregnancy, if taken incorrectly, seek PROFESSIONAL advice first.
24. Inversions – These simple exercises can be done daily to help untwist your pelvis. Especially good if you’re experiencing prodromal (false) labor that just doesn’t seem to be going anywhere.
25. Kneeling on all fours – Kneel on all fours and swing the hips back and forth. Check out this great guide on pelvic tilts.
26. Labor Cake – This rich chocolate cake recipe is said to put mamas into labor because chocolate contains phenylethylamine which can help produce oxytocin and endorphins. Although there’s not much evidence to back this up as a way to induce labor, at least you’ll enjoy yourself while trying!
27. Left Foot to Left Ear – This is another wacky one, but who knows – the stretching your poor body does while trying to achieve this position may just be enough to give your uterus sympathy pains. Don’t attempt this unless you want to run the risk of pulling a muscle!
28. Licorice – Try to get the natural kind – it contains more licorice and usually less sugar. Like castor oil, some people claim that the slightly laxative effect can cause cramps in the bowel which lead to contractions.1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10