WARNING: You should never take any type of herbal or pharmaceutical supplement without talking to your doctor and/or doing your own research. Anecdotal evidence is not enough. Some of these products cause high/low blood pressure, interact badly with other drugs you may be taking or may contain additives that are not fully tested (especially if you buy from a non-reputable brand).
For a range of reasons, some couples wish to conceive twins. Although there are no guarantees, there are both natural and medical methods that can increase the chance of falling pregnant with multiples.
Before attempting to conceive multiples, keep in mind that there are higher risks involved, including health risks from premature cord clamping and babies being born too soon due to early induction. It’s a good idea to have a doula or suitable support person and a doctor you trust if you are pregnant with twins.
- The average woman has a 3% chance of conceiving twins.
- Statistically, African women have a higher chance of conceiving twins, while Asian women have a lower chance.
- Having four or more babies drastically increases the chances of twins in future pregnancies.
- Identical twins can happen to anyone; fraternal twins usually run in the maternal side as hyperovulation often runs in families. You can read more about the causes of hyperovulation, here.
15 Ways To Increase Your Chance Of Conceiving Twins
1. Folate – Studies have shown women who have folate (folinic acid is preferable to the man made folic acid) have a 40% increase in twin pregnancies, although this appears to be more particularly aimed at women who’ve had IVF.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4