There is no denying that parents play a significant role in any child’s life, providing guidance and protection.
It is often said that boys have a special connection to their mothers, and girls a unique relationship with their fathers. Some studies have even gone so far as to report that girls who share a strong bond with their dad are emotionally and physically healthier than those who don’t. A healthy relationship between a dad and his little girl can produce amazing results.
Regardless of the research, the studies, or the theories, a dad will be the first man in a little girl’s life. There will be moments when he will embarrass her and he will make her cringe.
He may dress a bit too dad-like or show up at the “wrong times.” However, he will love her, protect her and share with her a bond that no other man will ever replace. A daughter will always be daddy’s little girl and a dad will always have a soft spot in his heart for his special girl.
Cherish the moments. Cherish the simple things in life. Here are 30 special moments that a proud dad and his little girl can share.
Advice for Dads
- Tell her you love her. Look her in the eye. Mean it. The day she replies with “I love you too, daddy” will melt your heart.
- Teach her to climb a tree and play sports. She will love the comfort you provide her if she is scared or falls and grazes her knee. She will remember those moments.
- Play dress up. Yes, you may feel a bit silly, but she will love it.
- Tickle her until she giggles her heart out. Let her tickle you. Giggle together.
- Teach her to ride a bike.
- Dance with her. Jump around to her favourite music and savor the moment. Don’t wait until her 21st birthday or her wedding.
- Go on a “date.” Take her for a burger or a milkshake. Take her shopping.
- Spoil her. It’s OK to say “Yes” sometimes.
- When she tells you she wants to marry you (and she will at one point in her life), don’t disappoint her.
- Respect women in her presence (and out of it!) and teach her how a woman deserves to be treated.
11. Play with dolls, trucks, cars or mud. Whatever she desires. Be fluid.
12. Savor the moment. One day she will be a newborn, next she will be walking and the before you know it, she will be walking out the door. Live for today.
13. When she needs you, be there. When she needs her space, give it to her.
14. Tell her she is beautiful and watch the twinkle in her eye.1 | 2