Disclaimer: This website is for informational and entertainment purposes only and should not be taken as medical advice. This site contains paid advertising and affiliate links, from which we may earn a commission when you click (at no cost to you). Read More.
Many women like to be clean shaven but during pregnancy this can present a clean challenge, especially with a big belly between you and your goal. So how do you shave during pregnancy? Here are some ideas:
- Ask your partner to do it – This is more common that you think! Your partner probably shaves his face regularly, so he’s no stranger to a razor. If he wants it shaved, ask him to do it for you!
- Feel & Shave – This method takes some practice, but you can use your fingers instead of your eyes to figure out where you’re going.
- Lay down in the tub – Laying on your back in a tub can sometimes make it easier to either see or angle yourself to shave more easily.
- Fogless mirror – You can use a mirror to help guide you, just remember everything will be back to front! You can buy fogless mirrors online. Stick the mirror to a wall, or place it on the floor for a good angle.
- Wax – If you’d rather wax, go ahead. You can also try sugaring, which is a newer but more gentle hair removal method.
- Razor Reach – Use an extendable razor so you can shave all the way down to your ankles without bending over!
- Let the staff do it – Depending on which hospital you’re going to birth at, they may shave you before birth. Check with your doctor ahead of time whether this is standard practice.
- Hair Removal Creams – Some hair removal creams are safe for use in pregnancy, some are NOT, but make sure you read the warnings and use them in a ventilated area. Don’t forget to spot test for skin reactions, too!
- Leave it Natural – Doctors and nurses see far worse things in labor than hair! Read more here on choosing whether to go natural or shave before birth.